Thursday

The International Christian Retail Show


I just returned from the ICRS, the big event that the Christian Booksellers Association (CBA) puts on. This year it was in Atlanta. Most all major (and many minor) publishers were present, promoting their books, as well as ALOT of Christian gift manufacturers. I was able to hear Ravi Zacharias speak (I just finished his book and will have a review of that next week), as well as Tony Dungy (although I forgot to proudly wear my Chicago Bears hat) and Patricia Shirer (Tony Evans' daughter) who was excellent.
Much of the fun for me was getting free books, meeting the authors and talking with people from the different publishing houses. I was able to meet Len Sweet (The Gospel According to Starbucks), Chip Ingrim (Good to Great in God's Eyes), Randy Alcorn (Money, Possessions, and Eternity), and many others. Here are some photos from the show:
I can't wait to become a better me! Hopefully, the better me comes with a smile as good as Joel's.

Chip Ingram signing his upcoming book, Good to Great in God's Eyes

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything - promoting their upcoming movie
Doug Pagitt & Tony Jones signing the book they newly edited - An Emergent Manifesto of Hope


Matthew Paul Turner just before he tells me he hates me.

Manty the Praying Mantis - the mascot for My First Message

and my personal favorite, Jars of Clay signing posters for their upcoming book and Christmas CD

No comments: