Wednesday

I Saw the Lord


As a child, I remember my dad (a Salvation Army officer) preaching the need for his flock to move beyond “head” knowledge to “heart” belief (faith) . . . a relationship and not just facts. Anne Graham Lotz's newest book reaffirms the absolute necessity of this move from head to heart.

I Saw the Lord invites you to undertake a journey with Anne—to experience a fresh touch of Jesus by absorbing yourself in God’s spoken Word. In her distinct style, Anne reveals to us what we’ve been missing and why we need Jesus. She uses the words of the prophet Isaiah as her starting points.

Be forewarned: I Saw The Lord isn't a book you should pick up if are comfortable and content in your faith walk. For me, “Rend Your Heart,” (He is so big . . . and we are nothing) was the one of the most difficult chapters to read. The gentle Holy Spirit began to illuminate the darkness within my heart and by his grace, I want the spirit’s illumination to continue. “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6

Anne Graham Lotz definitely has the gift of encouragement, but she doesn’t hesitate to ask the hard-to-read, dig-down-deeper questions like "What caused you to doubt that Jesus sits on the throne? Have you ever felt abandoned by Him?"

I Saw The Lord is indeed a wake-up call for professing Christ-followers.

You can pick up this title here for 20% off.



--posted by Dale Lewis

No comments: