Saturday

Happy Birthday - Fanny Crosby

Fanny Crosby is one of my favorite hymn writers. She was born on this day, 24 March 1820. She was blind from birth, but still managed to write prolifically - both hymns and poetry. If you would like to learn more about Fanny, you can visit her Wikipedia page, this site, offering many different links or this fine book on her life.
The following is one of my all-time favorite hymns. The Rich Mullins rendition is especially good.

All The Way My Savior Leads Me

All the way my Savior leads me
What have I to ask beside
Can I doubt His faithful mercies
Who through life has been my guide
Heavenly peace, divinest comfort
ere by faith in Him to dwell
for I know whatever fall me
Jesus doeth all things well

All of the way my Savior leads me
and He cheers each winding path I tread
gives me strength for every trial
and He feeds me with the living bread
and though my weary steps may falter
and my soul a thirst may be
gushing from a rock before me
though a spirit joy I see

And all the way my Savior leads me
oh the fullness of His love
perfect rest in me is promised
in my Father's house above
when my spirit clothed immortal
wings its flight to realms of day
this my song through endless ages
Jesus led me all the way

No comments: