Wednesday

Rich 013


Rich is the newest installment from Rob Bell & nooma. For those unfamiliar with nooma, they are DVD's of Mr. Bell briefly speaking to a subject, usually with a visual lesson running through the course of the presentation. (If you go here you can see the first nooma, Rain 001 in its entirety). They are generally between 11-13 minutes long & come with a booklet which has some of the key talking points from the presentation.
I have seen about half of them & I have to say that for the most part they are quite moving & compelling. (Rain 001 nearly had me in tears). There has only been one which I strongly disliked. The rest (that I have seen) are quite good.
Rich is one of the best. Maybe this is one of the topics which I have been tracking with most recently, but I really feel every Christian needs to be aware of what Mr. Bell is speaking about in Rich.
The Basic premise of Rich is that God has blessed America & that maybe instead of asking for continual blessing, we should turn it around & bless others with our surplus. Mr. Bell uses other Scripture in this presentation, but the passage which came to my mind was in Genesis 12. God tells Abram that "I will bless you & make you famous, & I will make you a blessing to others...All the families of the earth will be blessed through you." Mr. Bell gives facts & statistics regarding the plight of some of the world's poorest people, & I will not take away from his presentation, but the fact is that millions of people are worse off than the poorest people in America (don't believe me? go here).
Regardless of how people get educated (through a nooma, book or website), the important thing is to get educated.

Watch a clip of Rich here.
http://tenderfoot.windborne.net/nextstep/product_info.php?products_id=7407 (100% of proceeds will be donated to charitable organizations that clothe the naked, take food to the hungry, & take water to the thirsty).


Category: Bible Studies, Social Justice

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep it blazin!

Holla!